Science and Food Campus
Programme targeted at students in their first year of baccalaureate with the goal of providing visibility to the importance of science in innovation and food research. It is an opportunity to discover foods and culinary processes from the vantage point of different scientific disciplines, and to learn how they provide answers and solutions to the current challenges around sustainable, healthy food.
- Students in their 1st year of baccalaureate in the science and/or technology track during academic year 2019-2020.
- Strong academic record, which must come with motivation, interest and a curiosity in science and especially the field of food.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excitement to participate and commitment to make the most of the opportunities provided by the programme.
- The entire registration process is onlinevia the programme website. No documents sent by post or email will be accepted.
- The following are needed for candidates to be considered:
- Online submission of the authorisation form with the information on the student's parent or legal guardian.
- Online submission of the registration form filled out by the candidate.
- Candidates who do not submit all the document requested online during the established period will be excluded from the selection process.
- Submission of the application form does not guarantee direct admission into the Science and Food Campus programme. All the candidacies submitted will be part of a selection process.
- Before registering, remember to carefully read the Programme conditions and requirements of the selection process.
- Registration for the 2020 Science and Food Campus is open until 15 April 2020.
- All the candidacies received will be individually evaluated. The information and documentation provided by each candidate will be evaluated in the selection process, including:
- The student’s answers to the questions on the registration form, including the letter of interest.
- Academic record.
- Motivation and a desire to participate in scientific experiences in the field of food and nutrition.
- The candidates will be chosen by an internal selection jury from the Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation once the registration period is closed.
- During the selection process, Skype interviews may be held with some candidates to determine their case.
- Notification of the final selection will be sent after 4 May 2020.
- All communication shall take place via email.
- The jury’s selection decision may not be appealed.
Price of the programme
- The total price of the campus is €760 per person.
- Once chosen for the programme, each student must pay €304 (40% of the total cost) as a down payment to confirm their place.
- This first payment must be received by 13 May 2020, once the candidates have been chosen. Candidates who do not make this payment by the deadline will be excluded from the programme.
- The second payment of €456 (the remaining 60% of the total cost) must be made by 3 June. The candidates who do not make this payment by the deadline will lose their place and be excluded from the programme.
- Participation in the Science and Food Campus includes:
- Students’ accommodation and meals.
- Accident and liability insurance.
- Teaching materials.
- Students’ training by professionals from different scientific fields participating in the programme.
- Leisure activities and a visit to Sant Benet monastery.
- If you have any questions about payment, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting an application entails acceptance of these conditions. Any aspect not explicitly outlined shall be determined by the Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation.
Due to the current situation caused by the COVID-19 crisis, Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation has suspended all teaching activities. However, we believe the situation will be back to normal by the dates set for the Campus and that we will have returned to normal teaching activity by then.
Ensuring the good health and well-being of everyone who participates in our activities is a top priority for Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation and the Alimentia Academy programme. If it is not possible to host the Science and Food Campus and the Foundation is obligated to cancel or postpone it, registration fees will be refunded.
CATALUNYA LA PEDRERA FOUNDATION is the Data Controller of users’ personal data and hereby states that these data shall be processed in conformity with the provisions of the data protection regulations in force, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 (GDPR), and therefore provides the following processing information:
- Purpose of the processing: To send information on the Foundation's activities.
- Criteria for storing data: Data is stored as long as there is mutual interest in maintaining the purpose of the processing.
- Users’ rights: The right to rescind consent at any time. The right to access, rectification, portability and erasure of data and to restrict or object to their processing. The right to submit a grievance to the control authority (agpd.es) if they believe that the data processing does not confirm to the regulations in force.
- Contact information to exercise your rights: email@example.com