Science and Food Campus
Programme targeted at students in baccalaureate with the goal of providing visibility to the importance of science in innovation and food research.
- 1st year and 2nd year baccalaureate students who chose the science and/or technology option during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Students must be enrolled in a secondary school in Catalonia, whether public, private or semi-private
- Students must have a good academic record, which must be accompanied by an enthusiasm, interest, and curiosity for science, especially in the field of medicine
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to take part and commitment to taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the program.
- The entire registration process is online, through the program’s website. The program will not accept documents sent by post or via email.
- In order to be considered as a candidate, the following is essential:
- Online submission of the permission form with the details of the student's legal parent or guardian.
- Online submission of the registration form to be filled out by the candidate.
- Online confidential recommendation from the student's teacher for science, mathematics, technology, computer science and economics.
- Online confidential recommendation from the student's tutor, head of studies or school headteacher.
- Nominations that do not provide all the online documentation requested will be excluded from the selection process.
- Submitting the application form does not guarantee direct admission to the Science and food campus. All applications submitted will be part of the evaluation process.
- Registration closes 14th April at 11:59 p.m.
- All of the applications will be assessed individually. In order to make the selection, the panel will assess the information and documentation provided by each candidate, which includes:
- Student responses to the questions on the registration form, which includes the letter of motivation.
- Confidential recommendations from the school: from a teacher in the area of science, mathematics, technology, computer science or economics; and that of the tutor, head of studies or headteacher.
- Academic record.
- Motivation and enthusiasm to take part in scientific research experiences.
- The candidates will be chosen by an internal selection jury from the Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation as the registrations are received until the places are exhausted.
- Selection will be announced when the candidacy is evaluated, with a deadline 16th April of 2021.
- The total number of students chosen from all the applications for the program Science and food Campus is 25.
- All communication will be via email.
- The decision of the selection panel is final.
Price of the programme
The total price of the campus is € 760 per person.
Once selected for the program, each student will make the contribution of € 456 (60% of the total cost) as to confirm their participation.
This first payment will have to be made before May 13rd, 2021, once the selection of candidates has been concluded. Candidates who do not make the payment within the established period will be excluded from the program.
The second payment of € 304 (remaining 40% of the total cost) will have to be made before June 2nd. Candidates who do not make the payment within the established period will lose their vacancy and will be excluded from the program.
- Participation in the Science and Food Campus includes:
- Students’ accommodation and meals.
- Accident and liability insurance.
- Teaching materials.
- Students’ training by professionals from different scientific fields participating in the programme.
- Leisure activities and a visit to Sant Benet monastery
- If you have any questions about payment, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting an application entails acceptance of these conditions. Any aspect not explicitly outlined shall be determined by the Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation.
The registration fee for the Science and food campus program includes: material used in each session of the course, scheduled activities, remuneration for researchers and staff, and accident and civil liability insurance. The registration fee does not include transportation to and from the institutions where each session of the program will take place.
Cancellations and Return Policy
• Cancellation by Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation and Refund Policy: If Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation had to cancel the Science and food campus program once the payment has been made, it will proceed to refund 100% of the amount of the registration fee. The refund of the amount will be made by the same method that has been used in the payment method (cash, card, etc.).
• Cancellation by the participant and refund policy: If the participant cancels their place once it is paid, they will have to notify the Fundación Cataluña La Pedrera as soon as possible. In these cases, the participant's registration fee will not be refunded.
User ID, password and payment process information
When registering with Science and food campus through the website https://www.fundaciocatalunya-lapedrera.com/en/science-and-food-campus, the user must determine a username and password that will later be confirmed by email. The user must duly safeguard the keys and passwords provided for access as a registered user, since they are personal and confidential, the user feels responsible for their use by a third person to whom this user has provided them. The user is responsible for providing their data correctly in the payment processes established on the website of the Science and food campus program.
In compliance with Law 37/1992 of December 28 on Value Added Tax (Article 20, Section 1, Number 9 of the Law on Value Added Tax), VAT will not be applied to enrollment fees for educational programs. Therefore, the final prices shown on the screen are exempt from the referred tax.
The Science and food campus program bases the evaluation and selection process on the qualities of the candidates. The Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera will study the awarding of grants to candidates who documentary justify not being able to deal with the registration fee. To apply for grants you must contact us at email@example.com once your application has been selected.
Cases of force majeure
Force majeure is understood to be any unforeseeable, unavoidable, and irresistible situation or event beyond the control of the parties (eg war, revolution, terrorist actions, border closures, epidemics, natural disasters, etc.). If the Fundación Cataluña la Pedrera is faced with a situation of force majeure that affects the development and continuity of the Junior Talents * program, it will immediately notify all students and at the corresponding educational center, specifying the nature, the effects, the duration of the situation, if possible, and the measures you will take to deal with the force majeure situation.
Submitting your candidacy means accepting these requirements. Any other issues will be resolved by the Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation.
CATALUNYA LA PEDRERA FOUNDATION is the Data Controller of users’ personal data and hereby states that these data shall be processed in conformity with the provisions of the data protection regulations in force, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 dated 27 April 2016 (GDPR), and therefore provides the following processing information:
- Purpose of the processing: To send information on the Foundation's activities.
- Criteria for storing data: Data is stored as long as there is mutual interest in maintaining the purpose of the processing.
- Users’ rights: The right to rescind consent at any time. The right to access, rectification, portability and erasure of data and to restrict or object to their processing. The right to submit a grievance to the control authority (agpd.es) if they believe that the data processing does not confirm to the regulations in force.
- Contact information to exercise your rights: firstname.lastname@example.org