Science and Food Campus
Programme targeted at students in their first year of baccalaureate with the goal of providing visibility to the importance of science in innovation and food research. It is an opportunity to discover foods and culinary processes from the vantage point of different scientific disciplines, and to learn how they provide answers and solutions to the current challenges around sustainable, healthy food.
Via the Alimentia Academy, we at the Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation develop and promote programmes and courses aimed at divulging and sharing knowledge, research and innovation on food with society.
- Cooperation with research centres and entities in Catalonia which stand out for their excellence and international recognition and participate in actions that foster and bring recognition of cutting-edge, quality research.
- We promote the importance of science and critical thinking: we organise activities and courses to promote scientific knowledge in the field of food targeted at all kinds of audiences, which foster a reflection on the timely issues and challenges and share them with society.
- We work to ensure that everyone can have healthy living habits regardless of their age or life stage, with a special emphasis on persons suffering from any kind of food restriction. Improving quality of life and allowing everyone to continue enjoying food at every meal, according to their preferences.
- Alimentia Academy uses scientific knowledge and rigour, technological innovation and scientific research to empirically demonstrate the effects of good nutrition on people’s health.
- We promote the appreciation and conservation of our local culinary and gastronomic heritage. We study the gastronomic properties and applications of different products and bring visibility to traditional recipes and dishes.
- We work to ensure a sustainable, ecological and social food future. Working with farmers and the primary sector to promote local products and varieties and helping bring them to market.