La Closa de Mornau
Located on the Empordà plane near the sea, with the Pyrenees as the backdrop, this corral is typical of this region, with floodable parts and irrigation channels separated by walls of trees. The rich flora and plentiful bird life add natural interest to the space's landscape values.ALL THE SPACES IN THE NETWORK
Data on the space
Name: Espai Natura Closa de Mornau
Year of acquisition: 2006
Surface area: 1.05 ha
Location: Vilanova de la Muga (Peralada, Alt Empordà)
GPS coordinates: E03º05'37.32'' N42º17'27.24''
Space included in the Aiguamolls de l'Empordà Natural Park
Management type: in collaboration with the Aiguamolls de l'Empordà Natural Park and APNAE
How can I get there?
Located in the northern sector of the Estanys Integral Nature Preserve near Torre de Mornau.
Tips for visiting
- Bring warm clothes, sun protection, sunglasses, a hat / cap, water, comfortable footwear and walking clothes.
- It is recommended you bring binoculars and guides for the observation of flora and fauna.
- The movement of vehicles off roads and tracks is prohibited.
- Do not go off the marked paths.
- Wild camping is not allowed.
- Fire is forbidden.
- Take your rubbish away with you.
- It is not advisable to step on the pasture meadows due to the fragility of the vegetation.
Where can I eat?
There are different restaurants in the region (Vilanova de la Muga, Peralada, Garriguella, Vilajuïga) which prepare the traditional dishes from the Empordà.
Where can I sleep?
Different accommodations are available in the town of Peralada and neighbouring towns.