The Closes of La Rubina
Located in the Empordà plain, with the neighbouring sea and the background of the Pyrenees, the pieces of La Rubina are pieces of a centuries-old mosaic formed by several shells, from floodable fields and pastures that are separated from each other by rows of trees, with species typical of the riverside forests, such as alder, willow, elm and poplar.ALL THE SPACES IN THE NETWORK
Data on the space
Name: Espai Natura La Rubina
Year of acquisition: 2004
Surface area: 2.05 ha
Location: Castelló d'Empúries (Alt Empordà)
GPS coordinates: E03º07'58.15'' N42º15'34.07''
Space included in the Aiguamolls de l'Empordà Natural Park
How can I get there?
From Castelló d'Empúries take the C-260 towards Roses and, after the second roundabout of the Empuriabrava housing estate, turn right following the sign "La Rubina". Continue along the tarmac road, to the left of which the pieces can be found.
Tips for visiting
- Bring warm clothes, sun protection, sunglasses, a hat / cap, water, comfortable footwear and walking clothes.
- It is recommended you bring binoculars and guides for the observation of flora and fauna.
- The movement of vehicles off roads and tracks is prohibited.
- Do not go off the marked paths.
- Wild camping is not allowed.
- Fire is forbidden.
- Take your rubbish away with you.
- It is not advisable to step on the pasture meadows due to the fragility of the vegetation.
Where can I eat?
Both Castelló d'Empúries and Empuriabrava have several restaurants where the most typical dishes of the area are prepared.
Where can I sleep?
In the town of Empuriabrava you can find several lodgings.