Located in one of the main biodiversity preserves in the western Mediterranean, L’Alfacada is a lagoon of exceptional natural value, a key piece in the Ebro River delta landscape and in the conservation of the nature park.ALL THE SPACES IN THE NETWORK
Data on the space
Name: Espai Natura Alfacada
Year of acquisition: 2004
Surface area: 175.82 ha
Location: Sant Jaume d’Enveja (Montsià)
GPS coordinates: E00º51'03.57'' N40º41'17.11''
Space included in the Delta de l’Ebre Nature Park
Space included in the Natura 2000 Network
Type of management: in conjunction with Picampall and with the Delta de l’Ebre Nature Park
How can I get there?
From Sant Jaume d’Enveja, take the road that runs parallel to the canal on the right side of the Ebro River, where there are signs leading to Illa de Buda, the Serrallo beaches and L’Alfacada. Follow this road for 8.5 km, staying parallel to the channel, until at the end of the straight stretch you have to turn right following the sign leading to L’Alfacada. After 2.5 km you will find the Migjorn lookout point where you can observe the lagoon.
Tips for visiting
- Bring warm clothes, sun protection, sunglasses, a hat / cap, water, comfortable footwear and walking clothes.
- It is recommended you bring binoculars and guides for the observation of flora and fauna.
- The movement of vehicles off roads and tracks is prohibited.
- Do not go off the marked paths.
- Wild camping is not allowed.
- Fire is forbidden.
- Take your rubbish away with you.
Where can I eat?
There is a wide range of restaurants and bars in Sant Jaume d’Enveja, Deltebre and other nearby towns.
Where can I sleep?
The offer is wide and varied in the area.