The Sils lake, located in the region of La Selva, is a protected natural space with special interest due to its habitats of temporary flood. A unique ecosystem that is home to the main catalan population of the European pond turtle.ALL THE SPACES IN THE NETWORK
Data on the space
Name: Espai Natura Estany de Sils
Year of acquisition: 2018
Surface area: 23 ha
Location: Sils (La Selva)
GPS coordinates: 41°48'08.8"N 2°44'29.0"E
Space included in the Natura 2000 Network and PEIN (Pla d'Espais d'Interès Natural de Catalunya)
How can I get there?
The train is an excellent option. The train station of Sils is located 300m far from the main access to the protected natural area. Furthermore, the Information Center of the lake is found in the same train station building..
Another possibility is using a private vehicle. Sils has a very good connection by road because it’s located next to the AP7 motorway and the N-II road.
Tips for visiting
- Bring warm clothes, sun protection, sunglasses, a hat / cap, water, comfortable footwear and walking clothes.
- It is recommended you bring binoculars and guides for the observation of flora and fauna.
- The movement of vehicles off roads and tracks is prohibited.
- Do not go off the marked paths.
- If you visit the space with your pet, it must be tied up.
- Wild camping and swimming is not allowed.
- Fire is forbidden.
- Endueu-vos les deixalles.
- Take your rubbish away with you.
Other information of interest
Information center and office
Tel. 972 16 80 00 / 972 16 82 85
Sils town council
Tel. 972 16 80 00