In the midst of the best example of volcanism in the Iberian Peninsula, the Tosca forest is a mosaic of crops and brushwoods, a harmonious landscape that has inspired part of the work of the Olot pictorial school, an artistic reference in Catalan landscaping. An ancient forest and stone, thrown out of the bowels of the earth, give this space its name, a paradigm of the balance between conservation and development.ALL THE SPACES IN THE NETWORK
Data on the space
Name: Espai Natura Bosc de Tosca
Year of acquisition: 2003
Surface area :3.43 ha
Location: Les Preses and Olot (Garrotxa)
GPS coordinates: E02º27'41.04'' N42º09'33.48''
Space included in the Natural Park of the Volcanic Zone of La Garrotxa
Management type: in collaboration with Les Preses Town Hall
Tips for visiting
- Nothing is better than going by bicycle to the park entrance; the Carrilet route, in its stretch between Olot and Les Preses, will take you to the entrance to the space.
- Bring warm clothes, sun protection, sunglasses, a hat / cap, water, comfortable footwear and walking clothes.
- It is recommended you bring binoculars and guides for the observation of flora and fauna.
- The movement of vehicles off roads and tracks is prohibited.
- Do not go off the marked paths.
- Wild camping is not allowed.
- Fire is forbidden.
- Take your rubbish away with you.
Where can I eat?
There is a wide range of offers in La Garrotxa, in all the nearby towns: Les Preses, Olot, Santa Pau...
Where can I sleep?
There are all types of possibilities: hotels, inns, summer camps or schools of environmental education, campsites...