Innovative programme targeted at individuals with mild or moderate cognitive deterioration (Alzheimer or other forms of dementia) and their families. We offer them tools and strategies so they can remain autonomous and improve their well-being.
REMS at home goals
We know the importance of following routines and good habits in everyday life for people with cognitive impairment. The project will allow to maintain as much as possible the cognitive, physical and creative capacities of the people; prioritizing their emotional well-being and autonomy. And also that of his caring relatives.
Although the service was born due to the current context, it will have continuity when we reopen the Social spaces in periods of convalescence, holidays, mobility difficulties or transport difficulties.
REMS at home services
Through a remote communication by the team of professionals in psychology and neuropsychology of the REMS Program, and by the channels desired by the person: telephone, instant messaging, video calls (WhatsApp, Zoom, Jitsi Meet) or by email.
- Direct and continuous attention to participants and relatives through telephone calls.
- Response to the difficulties arising from loneliness, isolation and the impossibility of leaving home; providing recommendations and guidelines for mitigating them.
- Adaptation to the specific needs of each person and family.
- Cognitive, physical, emotional and creative activities. Sending materials with exercises and access to stimulation sessions.
- Emotional support and follow-up and in the grieving process when needed.
- Routine maintenance and active life.
- Recommendations and guidelines for communication and relationship, to deal with the symptoms associated with the underlying disease.
- Promotion of social relations through group video calls (4-5 people plus the professional).
The monthly price is 25 euros, which will be paid by direct debit or bank transfer.